Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Giving God the Glory!!

I am so blessed and most times I compain about the littlest things! God is really working on me with this. Sometimes all you need is a different perspective. Not that it will be easy to do, because complaining comes SO naturally to me, so I have a long battle ahead! I was talking to Kelly this week, and we got on the subject of complaining, and how things could be so much worse than what they are! But that was not even my AH-Ha moment! These words came out of my mouth, "Think of it this way, why in the world would God want to bless us with anything else, when all we do is complain about the blessings He already gave us?" Whoa! I have heard this so many times, and totally agreed, but something about this particular time just got me. Not at first, but after our conversation I kept thinking about what I had said. God has recently answered a HUGE prayer in our lives, and yet I was finding little things to complain about. What I mean is, we recently sold our house after 6 months of hardly anyone calling. I really tried hard not to complain about the slow process, and I may have failed a time or two, but I really tried!! In an answer to our prayers, God sent us a buyer, and the best possible scenario we could have asked for! 1)Our buyer is giving us the price we had set as our "have to have" price. 2) Our buyer is allowing us to stay in the house as long as we need to (within reason) until our new house is built! 3) The rent they are charging us is cheaper than our current house payment!!! Is that an answered prayer or what!?!?! So what do I do with it? After trying so hard not to complain about NOT selling, now I am finding little details to question, and allowing satan to creep in and give me doubts. God showed me after my conversation with Kelly, to stop trying to take the wheel, and just let Him drive! Stop griping when He just handed us what we were asking for! So here I sit, praising His Holy Name, because he loves me this much! We will be technically homeless in 2 weeks(when we close), and I am smiling about it. God is in control, even when we don't see it. Just because the pieces don't fall in place the way like, or even as fast, God see's the whole puzzle, and He knows what is best, NOT ME!! Like I said, I have a hard road or giving up my so called "control" and complaining, but right now, God has my full attention, and I hope it stays that way!! Thanks for reading, now we just wait in anticipation of what God is gonna do next!!

1 comments:

Annette said...

Hey Tara, you are so right!!!! I find myself doing the same thing. It's so hard to give up that control isn't it? Congrats on the sale of your house.