Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Here goes.....

Okay, so I was cruising the Internet at 5am this morning, wide awake after a night up with my fussy baby. I visited Kelly's (my sister) photography blog (http://www.sinclairphoto.blogspot.com/), along with a few other friends' blogs I follow. In my deliriously tired state, I decided that I too should have a blog, and alas, Tara's 2 Cents was born. Nice name, eh? Honestly, I tried to think of something catchy yet meaningful, however, in the wee morning hours, my astounding wit eluded me. Oh well. It's truthful if nothing else. This will be my two cents on life, love and the ever-rewarding Mommyhood. Now, whether these cents are of any use to the readers, I make no guarantees, I can only hope you will have a few laughs along the way! At this point in my life, I am a 26 year old (almost 27... eek!!) wife to Chris, and mommy to Will. These have both been fun and always entertaining roles that God has allowed me to play, and for this I am forever grateful (among many other things I have to be grateful for!!)
March 25,2006 was a wonderful day in the life of Tara, it is the day I married my best friend. Really. In the beginning, it was just attraction, soon blossoming into Love .(awww...) And then life happened. The honeymoon was over, and what followed was a pretty difficult first year as man and wife. You know what they say, "a good marriage takes work", and "the first year is the hardest", and so on. Well it was all true for us! But we kept at it, each tweaking and tuning what we could, and discovered that we really are the best of friends! Imagine that! Laughter is a permanent fixture in the Weaver household, thank goodness! Chris and I have such fun, (most of the time), and the arrival of our first child has only added to our comedy routine. And with that, on to the next chapter...
March 5, 2008 was another remarkable day in the Tara saga, it is the day I became a Mommy. James William, (a.k.a. Will, Wall, Wallace, Bubby, and more!) came into the world at 2:56am weighing 7lb, 6oz and 21 wiggling inches! There are no words for that moment. The moment you meet your child. WOW. Your whole world changes in an instant. I have a son! WOW. The instant love and protective nature that takes over is a true work of the most High God! When I say instant, I truly mean, in a split second. I know this, because thats about as long as I was aware of my newborn son being laid upon my stomach before he was gone again, off to be weighed and measured. Chris is now dutifully playing the "Daddy" role, and is hovering over the baby warmer along with "Auntie Kell" (the Paparazzi). Meanwhile, back in the severe reality of the moment, new Mommy is shaking uncontrollably and vomitting repeatedly; the lovely aftermath of an epidural. While being sewn up in places that should honestly never have that term used in the same sentence, and drifting off to unconciousness due to sheer exhaustion, who was by my side? MY MOMMY. Of course, at the moment, I couldn't see this, but upon remembering later, it hit me. While I was sick and exhausted from the act of giving birth, my own mother is there, holding my hand (and my puke pail... blec!!) doing what she can to make it better. Isnt't that the epitome of a mother? And thus we come full circle. Whew!!
So this little boy has stolen our hearts, and all our time as well, but man oh man, is it ever worth it! He will soon be 15 months and it is just unbelievable how fast the time has gone. There will be plenty more from the Will chronicles in Tara's 2 cents!!
So, now it's time for me to go to bed, after this Tori and Dean Season Premiere is finished that is! I hope my first blog has not bored you to death, I know I am somewhat of a chatterbox. If, by chance, you have found this first entry to be at all interesting or entertaining, well LA TEE DA! Stay tuned........

0 comments: