Thursday, May 28, 2009

A trip to the beach? Count me in!!

Chris and I were able to go hang out with his friends Matt and Jen last night. We haven't seen them in a few months, and it was nice to visit and watch Will run around and play with their son Koen (3, SO adorable!). While we were there, they invited us to join them on vacation in July in Panama City. Matt showed us pics of this little community they like to stay at, it seemed really nice with kiddy pools and playgrounds and such. Of course I am dying to go to the beach, although I loathe the thought of being in a bathing suit. I will get over that though, maybe lose 20lb before we go? Mmmm, we'll see about that. No, the problem is the money. And it's not really a problem, we have the funds, its just whether or not we are willing to part with them. After estimating our cost, and letting Chris know where that would leave our account, I have bowed out of the decision-making. Of course I would love to go, but I also like to hang on to money, cause you never know what might happen. I think he really wants to go, since we don't spend much time with his friends now-a-days. So, we shall see where this leads.

And now, I must gripe a little. Chris took the boy to get his hair cut yesterday, as he was rapidly growing a mullet...ew! So, he takes him to Nathan, his own barber. Now, Nathan cut Will's hair the first time 3 months ago, and he didn't charge us since it was his first hair cut. I thought that was really sweet, so back they went yesterday to chop the mullet off. Upon return, I asked how much it cost, expecting to hear something like five or six bucks. What did I hear instead? FIFTEEN DOLLARS. For my 14 month old to have his hair cut. Seriously? That is ridiculous. Then Chris says, "well the cut was only twelve, and I tipped him three". That's fine, I am all about tipping, but the twelve dollar charge was was too high for a little baby! And he is really good, as long as he can play with something, like keys, etc, he doesn't squirm or anything. Ugh!! I was ill! I told Chris the next time he goes to get a trim he can tell Nathan that his wife is just too cheap to pay that much for a kid's cut. We will be visiting Supercuts or something. Heck, he may get a homegrown haircut for that matter!

And finally, Chris and I are meeting with a second home builder this afternoon. After looking around at houses for quite some time, we have decided to look into building since we can't seem to find an existing home that we can both agree on. Of course, we are on a strict budget and we have our current home we need to sell as well, so these are possible problems with building. The first builder we met with was a super nice guy, and we know he does good work, since we met him through friends who currently live in one of his homes. However, he was about 15K above our maximum budget amount, so we are shopping around. We aren't writing him off yet, hopefully if all else fails, we could work something out. I am just praying that God will lead us to the right one, if this is His will for us that is! I am excited about today's meeting. We went to look at one of his houses this weekend and I LOVED it! I was big enough for us now, and even had expandable space for our growing needs in the future! The prices he gave Chris over the phone seemed too good to be true, so I am thinking that we are seriously adding our numbers wrong! I guess we will find out today... I'm getting antsy!

Well, I guess that is all for today, I'm off to play with blocks and books! Until next time......

0 comments: