Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Big Two-Seven

Well, another year gone! Dang. I used to look forward to June 4th every year, but after 25, not so much. I mean, I just got used to the idea of saying I was 26, and here we are again, tacking on another number! Oh well. It's life. Don't get me wrong, I am so very thankful for the life God has blessed me with! Each birthday means I am still here and breathing, and anyone has to be grateful for that. I guess the perception that the world has about aging has embedded itself in my brain. Logically, I know 27 is not OLD, but the days are flying by so fast, it is sad to know that in no time at all, I will be 57, God willing. UGH. Yeah, yeah, happy birthday to me.....Moving ON!

I think I have decided to try opening an EBay store. Maybe. My friend Nicole is starting one, and I am jealous! JK! No really, she makes the cutest things! Personalized key chains, burp cloths, onsies, towels, bags, and so on! She just got a new machine and will be making all sorts of adorable things now. Personalized water bottles, sippy cups, cake carriers, display plates, and so much more! I wish I was crafty like that! She will do awesome I know it! If anyone needs any personalized gifts, etc, let me know! She has great prices too! Here is a picture of a cake carrier she made. Super cute!!




Because of her idea for an EBay store, I started thinking about it too. Extra moolah never hurt anyone! I have thought about it before, but couldn't think of what to sell. I did some research yesterday, and found quite a few things I would love to sell, and have for myself too! I will be praying about this, since it would be a bit of an investment up front. Chris seems to be okay with it. He thinks I should just start small, offering a few things, and then slowly building my business from there. Of course I want to order 10 of everything, just because it is all so cute! But I think Chris is right, put my feelers out there first and see how is goes. We shall see. I will be posting about this more I am sure.

I went to Lifeway Christian Bookstore last night. I love a bookstore. Really, I could spend hours upon hours in one! I actually went because I am starting a Bible study with a small group of friends at the end of this month, and was looking for the book. I was on Beth Moore's Blog (livingproofministries.blogspot.com), and saw that she is doing a summer study through her blog page. It is called Me, myself, and Lies: A Thought Closet Makeover. It is a study for women to encourage them to clean out the junk in their thoughts and replace these hidden negative thoughts and failures with positive truths from God's word. I think this will be a great study! We will be meeting every other Tuesday, so it is not too taxing on everyone's schedule. I am excited!



I think that is about all for now. Gotta go clean up a bit. Ryan, Kelly, and Mom, Dad, and Dianne are all coming over for my birthday. Ryan is cooking dinner for us, yay! It is always a treat when Ryan cooks, in the words of Will, "MUM, MUM!", which we assume means yum, yum, since he only says it when he is eating something he likes! I can't wait for my baked spaghetti!! Woohoo!

0 comments: