Thursday, June 18, 2009

Here's a thought, let's build a gas station!

Once again, it has been some time since I blogged. We are still working on small things around the house as well as trying to stop the GAS STATION they have decided to erect 2 houses down from me! I have been on the phone with attorneys, the city planning director, the people who developed this neighborhood, and many more! They all tell me this was approved in 2001 (before all these houses were even built mind you) and that there is nothing we can do to get it stopped. I am thoroughly angry about this. I feel as though our rights have been infringed upon, since we were under the impression that field was going to be a park. We never would have purchased this house had we known about this construction. And how can the city approve something like this 8 years before it is built? I mean, this is a RESIDENTIAL neighborhood, with children walking, school zones, etc... Not to mention the skinny, curvy streets!! I have been so discouraged because we have not been getting calls on the house, and I feel it is due to their big sign announcing the gas station that is coming soon!! We finally got a call on Monday, from a real estate agent who is looking for an investment property in this area. He was supposed to call by Wed, and set a time to come look at it today. So Chris and I were hoping this was the answer to our prayers, and he would just make an offer right away. Well, today is the day, and he hasn't called back yet. Would it be rude of me to call him? Rude or not, I am desperate, and will be calling if I haven't heard from him later today!!!
Today is Will's 15 month appointment. It shouldn't be too bad, he isn't getting any shots! I intend to speak to the Dr about this odd tick that he has. Well, it's more of a grimace/shaking type thing and it is only his face. It kinda reminds me of when you get a cold chill, you know? It may be some toddler thing, who knows, they do funny stuff, and Lord only knows why. I discovered yesterday that if I do it, he will mimic me, so he can do it on command, and that made me think it is just some quirky thing he likes to do. But then again, sometimes he does it at the oddest moments, and it seems totally involuntary. I am trying not to worry about it, and I'll just hope for the best.
Wow this has been quite the depressing blog!! I will leave you with a funny note... Yesterday while I was feeding Will his supper, Dora and Diego were on the TV in the living room. Now, I am not the biggest fan of these cartoons, but apparently he is! They started singing the little song: "Go Diego, Go!" and Will decides he wants to sing too. It was the funniest thing! Only his version sounded more like "DoDidoDO!" all run together. Chris and I were cracking up! He decided to sing that the rest of the night. Well, that and his other favorite which is saying "BAD DOG!!" (Sounds like "daddog" in a lovely growling voice) Oh, this boy is TOO funny! Til next time...

0 comments: